Fact: Parisian women are beauty goals. And even if you aren’t French, just living in Paris you will find yourself picking up their beauty habits by proximity. I started adjusting to the local beauty norms quickly, even if it wasn’t always conscious.
Tag: life in france
Are French people all eating snails in their striped shirts while smoking? Well…oui and non. Every country has its stereotypes and France probably has more than its fair share. Let’s examine some of the most common clichés about French people.
As autumn took over Paris, my honeymoon period with the city continued. Five months in I’m still charmed by this city daily. But building a complete life is taking longer than I expected before boarding the plane in New York. Newsflash: It takes much more […]
Cheese is so important in France, even the citizenship test includes a couple questions on fromage. French cheese etiquette involves correct times, orders and methods that as an American I never had to learn to operate in society. But cheese manners matter here, so if […]
Some French baby names are very “en vogue” right now in America (Camille, Chloé, Olivier), and others are eternally chic (Juliette, Brigitte, Louis). But some interesting French names won’t be topping American baby name lists anytime soon.
It’s a common question I get from friends coming to visit: “Where can I find the best baguette in Paris?” My answer: Your nearest bakery. However, there is a very important trick to ordering the tastiest baguette at the boulangerie.
I made the permanent move to France in June 2017. As I continue to share my experiences, I’ll add articles to this list that are helpful to others trying to make the move! Write me if there is a topic you’d really like to hear about.
Paris Dispatch Series
Chronicling my personal experience moving to France and starting a new life:
- Paris Dispatch #1: Hello New Life
- Paris Dispatch #2: The Growth Zone
- Paris Dispatch #3: La Rentrée
- Paris Dispatch #4: The Waiting Game
- Paris Dispatch #5: Between Two Worlds
- Paris Dispatch #6: Bonne Année
MAKING THE DECISION
- Should I Move Abroad? 5 Questions to Ask Yourself
- Tips for Moving to Paris from Someone Who Just Did It
- Life in Paris vs. New York City
- 50 Reasons You Will Never Be French
- 11 Books I Read about France Instead of Learning French
VISAS + IMMIGRATION PROCESS
- Visa Long Sejour guide for American spouse of French citizen
- Here’s What Happens at Your OFII Meeting + Medical Appointment
- La Formation Civique: Your 2 Required French Civics Modules
THE FRENCH LANGUAGE
- So you want to learn French in France
- How to live in Paris without speaking French
- Why Do French People Respond in English When I Speak French?
LIFE IN FRANCE
- Do French People Really Wear Berets? French Clichés Investigated
- How My Beauty Routine Changed After Moving to Paris
- 10 Differences Between French and American Work Culture
- How to Dress in Paris to Fit in with the Locals
- The secret to ordering the best baguette in France
- The Foreigner’s Guide to French Cheese Etiquette